Thursday, September 14, 2006

Musical month

This month is full of upcoming musical concerts...right from purely hindustani classical to hard rock! Already attended two so far: Allman Brother's and Pandit Shivkumar Sharma. Both were mindblowing!
Allman brothers band was something I din't know much of. I just knew two of their songs : Jessica and Allman out. The concert was amazing though, the guitar solo and percussion performance were just phenomenal! And the ambience ofcourse! with beer, nachos grande and buddies with craziest sense of humor and to top it all, air full of smell of pot due to some crudest, rockstar lookalike audience! the concert ended with this awesome song with even more awesome guitar performance: Allman out....all in all worth every penny!
Pandit Shivkumar Sharma's concert last saturday was an experience to remember! His very handsome son Rahul Sharma was performing too. Aditya Kalyanpur was on tabla. The trio gave an amazing performance, especially right before the intermission. Personally, all I could think of was mountains, valleys and water streams. I have heard his songs from album 'the elements: water' and they all are very soothing. this concert was a mix of all moods of music: starting from calm khamaz to romantic one! its an experience to remember!!
Next in line are Roger Waters, Hariprasad Chaurasia, Rolling Stones and Eric Clapton. Depending on availability of tickets, time and company I will try to attend all of 'em!!

3 comments:

delhidreams said...

nice to read your blog gypsy,
i'm delhidreams, hope to c u soon at my place

delhidreams said...

thanks for visiting delhidreams. hope u'll keep coming back :)
omntgp

kunal kundu said...

Hey, thanks for your comment on my space! But now m a bit green........ allman brother's band, roger waters, clapton, chaurasia......!!!! man, you ae having the time of your life, i must say! Dont miss any...... you'll cherish the time for the rest of your life! : )