Monday, August 06, 2007

The illusion of choice

I am standing in the supermarket with apparently endless options to select from. But here I am, not finding what I am looking for, what I came here for. All I wanted was a good small sized packet of baguette bread for a quick and convinient breakfast, meant for one person only. Its not there, in that entire aisle full of bakery, too many unwanted varieties. Same thing happened last month in the pharmacy, where I wanted a 24 hr non drowsy allergy medicine in a pack of 5 or 10. No luck there! The other day, I had gone to a really cool cosmetic store which claims to have all the products u can ever use. I wanted one face wash with glycolic acid in it, its not there! Had to look around for one month before I finally found one. In winter, the moisturiser u want doesn't come in a small bottle, when u want it to get over in the same season. And all these are pretty common things, Im not really looking for something extraordinary or exotic at all. Or may be Im not looking at the right places or may be I have too many issues or may be what I choose doesnt choose me. Whatever it is, granted there are endless choices but not good enough for someone who knows exactly what he/she wants.

5 comments:

Deepak said...

People attribute all these phenomena to one nutty law called Murphy's law.

The solution is simple: Never be sure what you want exactly.
It is better to be unsure sometimes. :)

Gypsy said...

haha! good advice! so the fastest way to be happy is to be unsure, indecisive and clueless is it? ;)

Deepak said...

No no.. Not clueless..
One or two clues will help :P

Harsh said...

:)
First smile of the morning! Thanks.

Cogito Ergo Sum said...

well said deepak,

Its always the Murphy law that in work,whenever we are very much decisive..its good to be indecisive sometimes..