Everyone I meet these days is more concerned with my career than I am. Im just so irritated with the questions, when are you graduating? did u get a job? what about ur H-1? etc etc. It creeps me out as hell to socialize with people who have no idea how annoying they are when they express concern and pity over me not getting my degree sooner. Well, as I have been taught, I try to be polite against my wishes and tell them some random shit. The truth is No, I haven't graduated yet and I am working on my thesis and yes, its taking a long time because it is a worthwhile research which has been done very thoughtfully and meticulously. I don't care who graduated already and where they are working and how much salary they are earning rite now!! And No, Im not even close to thinking about "settling down" or some shit like that either.
Keep me out of this rat race and let me take it at my own sweet pace. And yes, if I feel like it, I might just take a few more years dwelling on this kinda research or if I feel like I will take an year off to travel around the world or in India at least (if I have enough money) or simply do nothing. I believe Im not going to die anytime soon and fortunately I do not have any dependents for whom I will have to sacrifice my freedom/fun to carry out mundane duties.
So if you don't want to get blown away with a gunfire, don't ask me that question again, for you shall know when it happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Just to break the silence after the storm.
btw, an unasked advice: listen to "take it easy" by eagles.
I heard many guys pissed in their pants while they were half done reading this post.
cheers
In this world of rat races, they consider it a crime to be different. :(
thanks icy_crunch :) doing good now, the blow up of the short-fuse doesn't usually last long enough :) and what more, din't get a single question after writing this one, talk about luck!
deepak, its not about being different also u know, its just that some things happen at different rate with different ppl or not..
I beg to differ. (No pun intended)
Everyone is different. It is because each one is different that things happen at different rates for different people.
I meant to say that it is the difference which makes them create such a fuss. So if they find anything out of the ordinary in their bland monotonous life, which may be quite natural to you, they will make a lot of noise.
Post a Comment