Monday, October 23, 2006
Diwali
Happy Diwali to everyone! This weekend was pretty good for me, still not over the celebrations I had yesterday...err....last two days actually. I can't believe this weekend is already over. Five working days in a week seem to last forever and these two days just fly in the blink of an eye. Work is something I do to kill my time between the weekends. Yesterday was pretty happening day, after making all desi diwali sweets in asli ghee, then getting ready in a sari for lakshmipooja in the evening in a totally pious mood, who would have guessed that just the night before I was sitting in this cool pub in the village listening to awesome rock music and enjoying drinks with buddies. Sometimes I wonder if I have some kind of multiple personality syndrome. Anyway, so far so good...towards the end I was feeling Diwali is overrated, especially sitting thousands of miles away from home, a small celebration means a lot to people, and by the way I forgot the reason for the celebration, what was it? Well, I think celebration times are good times spent with good people with lots of laughter, food and affection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Work is something I do to kill my time between the weekends."
that ws good!
hehe...thanx:) its actually not that bad, "sometimes" I like getting results that start making sense after all that dog-work
Post a Comment