Friday, April 11, 2008

Thinking inside the new box!

While filling up some forms, I just realised that April 3rd 2008 onwards I have made an official entry into the new age group box, u know 5-10 yrs, 10-17 yrs, 17-25 yrs, 25-35 yrs..... ouch! that hurts!! This reminds me of that scene with Carrie Bradshaw (if u dunno who she is, then nevermind!) I mean really...while there is no significant change or no spiritual revelation, and life is pretty much the same as it was a couple of weeks back, I wonder what is so "Happy" about this birthday! According to the number and nature of the wishes, everyone except for myself seem to (make) believe that my birth has been the best thing happened to this world, but alas it isn't! I think there should be a graphical presentation of our age and after say 21-22 it should hit a plateau where they just stop counting! I don't really know who "they" are here, but "they" seem to say and do a lot of things which they shouldn't! Surprisingly though, some of the dearest people totally missed out on all that wishing part of it, my parents for example...or may be it was just the divine plan to make me feel better about the entire thing. At the same time, its nice to have friends who make a big deal out of it and turn it into one more reason to party...thats cool nonetheless. Anyway its gonna take a while to adjust in the new box and it seems like a long long time till I cross the next one, that time who knows may be this blog would have evolved into something awesome or may be it will cease to exist!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belated Birthday Wishes :)

Birthday is not something to remind that you have grown older. It is something to remind you that another year has gone by... and you still haven't changed!