Sunday, July 19, 2009

Finding your inner loser

I was suprised and amused to read the latest issue of TIME (July 27 issue). "Special norms" column has an article by John Cloud titled as 'finding your inner loser'. Researchers in Canada actually carried out experiments on people only to conclude that trying to get people to think positively can only have the opposite effect. Its recommended to read the entire article for the reference, its pretty short. Now, am I not a genius or wat? A few days back I had posted this entry http://thoughtsofvarsha.blogspot.com/2009/05/power-of-negative-thinking.html
So its good to know that many people share this thought that negative thinking can be powerful at times. There is no point in fighting the pain, it just gets back at you with more force. The so-called self help books with their ridiculously promising titles are good for nothing basically. More like a Karan Johar movie where people are so sweet to eachother that while watching the movie I need to use the restroom to vomit...Anywayz, just wanted to post this entry to prove how cool I am to think about it before it was published in TIME...lol...

No comments: